Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey issue

After installing Monterey, my computer won’t connect to my keyboard and mouse. I switched off and on several time and I also connected them with a cable. But the screen still shows that I need to turn on the keyboard and mouse.what can I do?

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 5:37 PM

This is happening to me as well, I have both Magic Mouse and keyboard and they won't work when just rebootet my MacBook Pro (intel) I do have to open and use the built in keyboard and trackpad to log in to Monterey, once login in the keyboard works just fine but the mouse keeps losing connection and sometimes the pointer gets "locked" in a vertical motion.

This was not happening in Big Sur.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2021 5:37 PM in response to yuji84

This is happening to me as well, I have both Magic Mouse and keyboard and they won't work when just rebootet my MacBook Pro (intel) I do have to open and use the built in keyboard and trackpad to log in to Monterey, once login in the keyboard works just fine but the mouse keeps losing connection and sometimes the pointer gets "locked" in a vertical motion.

This was not happening in Big Sur.

Nov 4, 2021 1:51 AM in response to yuji84

Since installing Monterey I am having exactly the same problem.... Every time my computer wakes up, the keyboard and mouse won't connect. I have to hard reboot my computer then they connect fine. We are an Apple household; I went this way for an easier user experience. I have become more and more frustrated with Apple.... Every time they release a new OS I have to deal with major headaches! Not what I paid the premium for!

Nov 4, 2021 3:23 PM in response to PRP_53

Neither the Mouse or the keyboard are connected via cable to the computer. They are both Bluetooth. When the computer goes to sleep it loses connection via bluetooth to both keyboard and mouse. Clicking on the keyboard or the mouse will not wake the computer up.... I have to press the power button to wake the computer up. The mouse and keyboard remain disconnected. Trying to turn the mouse or keyboard on and off does not reset the connection. Neither does plugging the mouse or keyboard into the computer using the USB/lightning cable. The only way to re-connect theses Bluetooth devices is to hard reboot the computer using the power button. When the computer re-boots the mouse and keyboard connect. This issue happens every time the computer goes to sleep....

Nov 5, 2021 6:05 PM in response to yuji84

I have discovered, at least in my case (MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)) disabling FileVault solves the issue that prevented magic mouse and magic keyboard from connect each reboot.

This makes sense to me since when you have FileVault enabled the Mac shows a login screen that is not actually inside the operating system. I guess the login screen you get when FileVault is enabled is to decrypt the disk each reboot before loading the OS. Disabling FileVault takes you directly to the OS login screen which is able to connect to your bluetooth devices since the PS is fully loaded.

Be aware that disabling FileVault takes time specially if you have a lot of disk space used, the larger the disk, the longer the time it will take to disable it.

Hope this info is useful to you.

Monterey issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.