Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11

I have allowed on my iPhone 11 few people so that when on "do not disturb", the phone can ring if the person call within 3 minutes of second attempt. However the phone rings on the first attempt. My phone is on iOS 15.1 Please let me know whether it is 15.1 causing it or something else I can try. Thanks.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 8:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 1:32 PM

knp124,

Thank you for providing the screenshot! With this setting, you're allowing all phone calls to come through by choosing "Also Allow Calls from Everyone". If you tap on "Calls From" and choose "No One" in the list for "Phone Calls" does it still ring on the first try?

If it does, check to see if you have Emergency Bypass enabled for those contacts. The "Allow Time Sensitive notifications" section of this Focus article will show you how to check:

Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

We look forward to learning more.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2021 1:32 PM in response to knp124

knp124,

Thank you for providing the screenshot! With this setting, you're allowing all phone calls to come through by choosing "Also Allow Calls from Everyone". If you tap on "Calls From" and choose "No One" in the list for "Phone Calls" does it still ring on the first try?

If it does, check to see if you have Emergency Bypass enabled for those contacts. The "Allow Time Sensitive notifications" section of this Focus article will show you how to check:

Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

We look forward to learning more.

Nov 1, 2021 3:24 PM in response to knp124

Hello, knp124. 

We’re happy to look into your Do Not Disturb settings with you. We understand that you’ve recently updated to iOS 15.1, and you’re receiving calls from your Favorites on the first ring instead of the second, and you’re curious about whether this is a new feature of iOS 15. 

If we’re on the same page, it sounds like you’re describing expected behavior on your iPhone, even with previous versions of the iOS software. 

You can choose either “Allow Calls From” to allow incoming calls from select groups immediately, or “Turn on Repeated Calls” to allow calls from the same number to come through. If you have it set to allow calls from a specific group, their calls are expected to come through immediately. If you have it set to repeat calls, anyone that calls you twice within three minutes will always come through on the second call.  Learn more here: Set Do Not Disturb on iPhone - Apple Support

With that being said, iOS 15 did introduce a new feature called Focus. 

Turn a Focus on or off on iPhone - Apple Support

Warmest Regards.

iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.