Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back-up problem

Hi

it's about 4months that I've upgraded my iphone device to 12 pro max. In my last device I don't have any problem in backing up my datas but in this device it hase never backed-up from my datas till now while i have enough space (I've bought 200 GB space)

i don't know what tge broblem is!

my back-up icon in icloud is on but it doesn't work

I will thank if you can help me for not missing my datas /photos

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 9:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 10:09 AM

Some cellular providers do not allow backups over Mobile Data, and the option will not appear if that is true for yours.

The message above explains that your Wi-Fi connectivity is poor, so it could not complete the backup, which is likely also the reason for the long predicted backup time.

Is there anywhere you can go, like a store, library or a friend's home with a better/faster Wi-Fi connection so you can manually complete the backup there?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2021 10:09 AM in response to parisahosseini

Some cellular providers do not allow backups over Mobile Data, and the option will not appear if that is true for yours.

The message above explains that your Wi-Fi connectivity is poor, so it could not complete the backup, which is likely also the reason for the long predicted backup time.

Is there anywhere you can go, like a store, library or a friend's home with a better/faster Wi-Fi connection so you can manually complete the backup there?

Back-up problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.