Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Life Changed

After I installed Big Sur on my MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2017, my battery is now asking for a service, even though it says:

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 3327

State of Charge (%): 100

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 205

Condition: Service Recommended

Spoke with Apple support who said I would have to pay for a new battery? How is this possible, no problems when on previous OS. Only changed after update.

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 6:36 AM

Hi,

Resetting SMC could solve the battery related issues.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

4 replies

Nov 3, 2021 5:42 AM in response to kaz-k

Myself and an Apple online support person ran this diagnostic program and no issues came up. I was told to just pay and replace the battery. But I felt this was not fair. After upgrading to Big Slur this happened. The laptop is 2017 so out of warranty, have been told it will be about £100+ to replace the battery even though the diagnostics show there is no problem with the battery. The person online said there was nothing they could do and it would not be covered even though it happened after the upgrade. I just feel this is unfair from Apple. I have been a loyal customer for many years. After the upgrade it wiped my hard disk which the online support person said yes sometimes this happens, (I did backup before) it should not have happened and I feel now Apple just want to wash there hands and charge me to fix a problem that cannot be solved with their diagnostic software, so they just replace the battery charge me and hope the problem goes away.

Battery Life Changed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.