Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15.1 Battery Drain on iPhone 13 Pro Max

Why suddenly is there a battery drain of 50% using 15.1; a week after I updated from 15.0.2. Just looking and searching 'Settings' drained 2%. This is ridiculous. With 15.0, 15.0.1 and 15.0.2 I was able to use my iPhone 13 Pro Max for over 1 1/2 days with constant use: active use of Safari, Music, Stocks, Phone and Mail. Again, ridiculous. Please reverse what ever settings you have done back to 15.0.2 in regard to the battery usage. If you are 'indexing' then you have done something wrong.

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 8:20 PM

Absolutely is a Safari running on iOS 15.1 issue - In fact I'm noticing larger than normal battery usage on most of the iPhone Apple apps but Safari is by far the worst offender. It's basically halved my battery life. I was on chat with Apple support yesterday and they aren't acknowledging this as an issue. They basically said I need to change my settings i.e. dim my brightness (which I usually have at 20% anyway!), switch off background app refresh, clear cache daily on Safari and turn my phone off and on again. I'll be escalating with L2 support later today and if they don't acknowledge as an issue I will consider asking for a full refund on my phone. If I'm not able to use it the way it's been advertised that I can use it with a battery life commensurate with that usage, then it's a device no longer fit for purpose.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2021 8:20 PM in response to A_Kl

Absolutely is a Safari running on iOS 15.1 issue - In fact I'm noticing larger than normal battery usage on most of the iPhone Apple apps but Safari is by far the worst offender. It's basically halved my battery life. I was on chat with Apple support yesterday and they aren't acknowledging this as an issue. They basically said I need to change my settings i.e. dim my brightness (which I usually have at 20% anyway!), switch off background app refresh, clear cache daily on Safari and turn my phone off and on again. I'll be escalating with L2 support later today and if they don't acknowledge as an issue I will consider asking for a full refund on my phone. If I'm not able to use it the way it's been advertised that I can use it with a battery life commensurate with that usage, then it's a device no longer fit for purpose.

Nov 30, 2021 12:34 AM in response to A_Kl

Im using new Iphone 13 pro about 1 weeks with verson 15.1.1 . I noticed battery drain issue too. About 1 hour stanby, drain around 3-6%. During sleep and woke up in the morning, battery drop around 12%.

Siri - disabled

Dark mode - enabled

Background refresh - Only allow whatsapp

Connected to Wifi

I dont think its configuration issue but more to OS level itself.

Its not my expectation for the battery drain so much just on standby mode.

iOS 15.1 Battery Drain on iPhone 13 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.