Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant change default itunes media folder

hi, i recently download itunes from the microsoft store. im using a 240gb and i want to chage the default itunes media folder to another hhd and i do it but when i close itunes always back to default on C: drive.

im using apple music. maybe a bug related with that. i dont know.

i already reinstaled and basic things and still changing the itunes media folder to default.

thanks to read this.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 10:59 AM

There appears to a be a bug (in several recent builds) that prevents the media folder preference being correctly saved for some users. If you can arrange to have the library database at <somepath>\iTunes\iTunes Library.itl and the media folder at <somepath>\iTunes\iTunes Media then this bug should not be an issue.

See Make a split library portable - Apple Community for general background on converting the library into this portable shape.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2021 10:59 AM in response to DiegoFKCT

There appears to a be a bug (in several recent builds) that prevents the media folder preference being correctly saved for some users. If you can arrange to have the library database at <somepath>\iTunes\iTunes Library.itl and the media folder at <somepath>\iTunes\iTunes Media then this bug should not be an issue.

See Make a split library portable - Apple Community for general background on converting the library into this portable shape.

tt2

i cant change default itunes media folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.