You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cost of iCloud Family Sharing Plan

I have an icloud plan cost $9.99 a month and my wife has one as well costing $9.99 a month also. So once I set up a family sharing account, how does my wife's charge go away and it all just be under my $9.99 a month payment?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 11:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 11:40 AM

See the following from Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

For that to happen, you will need to follow the steps in the "Share iCloud+ with everyone in your family" section of that support article and she will need to follow the steps in the "Switch from your iCloud+ plan to your family plan" section.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 1, 2021 11:40 AM in response to greer293

See the following from Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

For that to happen, you will need to follow the steps in the "Share iCloud+ with everyone in your family" section of that support article and she will need to follow the steps in the "Switch from your iCloud+ plan to your family plan" section.

Cost of iCloud Family Sharing Plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.