Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Checklists in Notes

When I have a checklist in notes it is set up to automatically organize my list so that when I check something it moves to the bottom of the list, which is what I want. However, somewhat recently when I check a single item in the list, it will also check at least 1 (but sometimes all) of the items below that section in the list, and move it all to the bottom. Then I have to manually uncheck the ones I didn't check in the first place. How do I stop it from checking items I did not check? I have the iPhone 13 mini running on ios 15.0.2. I am not sure if this happened on my old iPhone 6s, but I think it did.

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 12:44 PM

1 reply

Nov 2, 2021 11:20 AM in response to AliciaBJ

Hi AliciaBJ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand when you check an item off a checklist in the Notes app, it will move other items below that to the bottom of the page. We'd be happy to take a closer look into what's going on.

To get started, when this issue occurs are the items underneath the one that you check off indented to the right? We ask because when you indent and item this would group that item with the one above it, if that item is not also indented.

For more details, check out the following resource under the "How to organize your checklists" section, and let us know if that's able to help: Create a checklist with Notes - Apple Support

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Take care!

Checklists in Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.