Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not verify server identify

Hello, I'm Milad.

My ipad2 shows "Can not verify server identify" when i wanna open some sites. It says review the certificate to continue.

How can i solve this problem and open the sites?

Thanks

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 3:08 AM

You have a very old iPad2 - which does not receive system updates.

iPad2, iPad3 and iPad mini1 can only be updated to iOS 9.3.5 (WiFi Only models) or iOS 9.3.6 (WiFi & Cellular models). Apple ended update support for these models in September 2016; these models are obsolete.

As your iPad has not received any updates since becoming obsolete, the Certificate Store on your iPad (upon which your iPad relies in order to verify the identity of many websites) has also not been updated. Beware of clicking links that cannot be verified - as you may be accessing a malicious website. Given that you iPad is now unsupported - without benefit of any security updates, using your iPad to access sensitive or personal material is unsafe.

Notwithstanding the above, it may be possible to update a key security certificate using Safari. From Safari, open this link on you iPad: https://letsencrypt.org/certs/isrgrootx1.pem

Follow prompts to install the certificate on you iPad.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2021 3:08 AM in response to Milad_mas

You have a very old iPad2 - which does not receive system updates.

iPad2, iPad3 and iPad mini1 can only be updated to iOS 9.3.5 (WiFi Only models) or iOS 9.3.6 (WiFi & Cellular models). Apple ended update support for these models in September 2016; these models are obsolete.

As your iPad has not received any updates since becoming obsolete, the Certificate Store on your iPad (upon which your iPad relies in order to verify the identity of many websites) has also not been updated. Beware of clicking links that cannot be verified - as you may be accessing a malicious website. Given that you iPad is now unsupported - without benefit of any security updates, using your iPad to access sensitive or personal material is unsafe.

Notwithstanding the above, it may be possible to update a key security certificate using Safari. From Safari, open this link on you iPad: https://letsencrypt.org/certs/isrgrootx1.pem

Follow prompts to install the certificate on you iPad.

Can not verify server identify

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.