Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your disk does not have enough free space! This is what my computer reads when I try to update the latest software update. How can I fix the storage or what ever problem. I am not that good with computers?

Your disk does not have enough free space! This is what my computer reads when I try to update the latest software update. How can I fix the storage or what ever problem. I am not that good with computers?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 5:30 AM

3 replies

Nov 2, 2021 6:49 AM in response to Curtdog162

What is “Other” storage on a Mac, and how can I clean it out?

OmniDiskSweeper safe to use

See used and available storage space on your Mac

How to delete Time Machine snapshots on your Mac

From Apple and the final word on managing the " Other " Category

• Other: Contains files that don’t fall into the categories listed here. This category primarily includes files and data used by the system, such as log files, caches, VM files, and other runtime system resources. Also included are temporary files, fonts, app support files, and plug-ins. You can't manage the contents of this category. The contents are managed by macOS, and the category varies in size depending on the current state of your Mac.

Nov 2, 2021 11:20 AM in response to Curtdog162

You should know that if your disk gets too full your computer will stop working. Here is the easiest solution. Purchase an external disk. Then transfer files, such as photos, onto it. That will allow you to then delete those files from your HD to clear up needed space. These days, external drives are readily available, cost effective, compact and easy to install with vendor provided USB cables. You may have to reformat it, though. Most of them do not require any external power. It's easy to do and problem solved.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.