Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Universal Clipboard issues

I noticed that I am not able to cut from my macbook and paste into my iphone ever since the recent updates. I actually thought it was the app I was using but I just tested it and it's not functioning at all. Am I the only one having this issue?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 1:06 PM

Hard to say if you are the only one, however, I can say that you are the only one I've seen. See this to ensure that you have everything configured correctly in Continuity. Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support. I can say that I'm not experiencing a problems with my iPhone 13 Pro, my MacBook Air with Monterey, and my iPad Pro 11.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2021 1:06 PM in response to jem_star

Hard to say if you are the only one, however, I can say that you are the only one I've seen. See this to ensure that you have everything configured correctly in Continuity. Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support. I can say that I'm not experiencing a problems with my iPhone 13 Pro, my MacBook Air with Monterey, and my iPad Pro 11.

Dec 1, 2021 4:28 AM in response to jem_star

Hi Guys,

This issue was quickly resolved for me after I called Apple Care. Follow the instructions below.

After the Monterey update

Make sure all devices are on wifi

make sure bluetooth is switched on all devices

(the most important) on your iPhone/iPad settings/general/airplay&handoff/swtich on "handoff"

(the most important) on your MacBookPro Settings/General/then at the very bottom of this screen check, "allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices."

If Universal Clipboard is not working and you 'have not' updated to Montery

make sure that all devices are running on the same up-to-date versions/updates

Universal Clipboard issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.