You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages in iCloud don't sync in Monterey

I just updated a new 2021 MacBook Pro to Monterey and the messages that are not in my contacts appear in my iPhone, but not on the Mac. I enabled messages in iCloud under the iMessage tab and it just won't sync.

I already logged out of Messages, restarted the machine and it still won't work. The iPhone gets these messages, but the Mac still won't.

Is this a Monterey bug? Everything was fine with Big Sur.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 12:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 4:08 AM

Ok, so I was able to figure it out.

So I went to my iPhone > Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding and then turn on the toggle for the device or devices that will be receiving the messages.

This may have happened because I traded in my old Mac and deleted it from my Apple ID profile.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 3, 2021 4:08 AM in response to alexraujo

Ok, so I was able to figure it out.

So I went to my iPhone > Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding and then turn on the toggle for the device or devices that will be receiving the messages.

This may have happened because I traded in my old Mac and deleted it from my Apple ID profile.

Messages in iCloud don't sync in Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.