Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists missing

Have Music Subscription with 'My Library' loaded on iPhone. Missing most Playlists from My Library on iPhone. They appear on Mac>Music, and HomeSharing , but not in iPhone>My Library>Playlists? How do I fix this?

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 2:13 PM

Hey PaulD_ ,

Thanks for the update. You can turn off Sync Library and then turn Sync Library back on and see if the playlists sync to the iPhone again.

"On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > Music.
  2. Turn on Sync Library. If you don't subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, you won’t see an option to turn on Sync Library.

If Sync Library is updating or turned off, you'll see a message at the top of the Library tab in the Apple Music app."

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Cheers.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 2:13 PM in response to PaulD_

Hey PaulD_ ,

Thanks for the update. You can turn off Sync Library and then turn Sync Library back on and see if the playlists sync to the iPhone again.

"On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > Music.
  2. Turn on Sync Library. If you don't subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, you won’t see an option to turn on Sync Library.

If Sync Library is updating or turned off, you'll see a message at the top of the Library tab in the Apple Music app."

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Cheers.

Nov 4, 2021 10:01 AM in response to PaulD_

Hello PaulD_,

After reviewing your post, it seems like you are missing playlists on the iPhone, but they are on your Mac.

Are you using the same Apple ID on both devices?

Are these playlists you made or Apple Music playlists?

If you add the playlist again is it being removed multiple times?

How to make a playlist in the Apple Music app

Add and download music from Apple Music

Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Nov 5, 2021 9:18 AM in response to mario49

Thanks for your reply:

1. I am using the same ID on both devices.
  2. They are Playlists I have made from My Library, and part of the transfer originally made to iPhone.
  3. Have not tried to add playlists again. How would you do that? As a 'Apple Music' subscriber I believe music is automatically synced between devices?

Thanks again, look forward to your reply.

Playlists missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.