Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I downloaded Catalina and now I am trying to update pages at the app store and it keeps saying I need to update

I downloaded Catalina and now I am trying to update pages at the app store and it keeps saying I need to update

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 11:07 AM

There is a Pages for Mac support community, Pages for Mac User Guide, and an official Pages Support site available to you.

The last version of Pages for Catalina was v11.1. If you launch the Mac App Store, be signed in with our Apple ID, and then press cmd+0 (zero), this will bring you to the store's purchases panel. If Pages has an Update button, click that, and you will receive a dialog that Pages now requires macOS Big Sur or later. If you are fortunate, you will receive a second dialog offering to install the last compatible version of Pages for Catalina. If it doesn't make that offer, you cannot get Pages for Catalina.

Alternatives would be Pages for iCloud, or Pages for iOS/iPadOS v11.2 on iOS/iPadOS v15.1. The links to these user guides are at the Pages Support Site above.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 11:07 AM in response to GEM598

There is a Pages for Mac support community, Pages for Mac User Guide, and an official Pages Support site available to you.

The last version of Pages for Catalina was v11.1. If you launch the Mac App Store, be signed in with our Apple ID, and then press cmd+0 (zero), this will bring you to the store's purchases panel. If Pages has an Update button, click that, and you will receive a dialog that Pages now requires macOS Big Sur or later. If you are fortunate, you will receive a second dialog offering to install the last compatible version of Pages for Catalina. If it doesn't make that offer, you cannot get Pages for Catalina.

Alternatives would be Pages for iCloud, or Pages for iOS/iPadOS v11.2 on iOS/iPadOS v15.1. The links to these user guides are at the Pages Support Site above.

Nov 4, 2021 10:37 AM in response to GEM598

Hello GEM598,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We've reviewed your question and it looks like you’re unable to update the Pages app on your Mac running macOS Catalina. It's understandable that you'd want this resolved, so allow us to assist with that. Please start by taking a look here: Update macOS on Mac. If your Mac is compatible with the latest macOS version and you wish to upgrade, these steps will explain how.

If you prefer (or need to) remain on macOS Catalina, we can explain that too. Is Pages in your App Store Purchase History? If so, you can re-download the app from there and the App Store will install the latest compatible version for you.

If you have follow-up questions, please let us know. We're here for you. Have a fantastic day!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.