Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Echo while using carplay

I see this question is raised multiple times without getting proper answer. When someone calls me over WhatsApp or regular call or any other voice calling mechanism when I am connected to CarPlay, the caller gets a bad echo. I have tested it multiple times by myself to confirm this. If I am connected to regular bluetooth of the car, there is no echo. Did anyone find any solution to this? I have restarted my phone multiple times and I am running the latest iOS 15.1.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 3:20 PM

It is most likely the echo is caused by your microphone picking up the caller's voice from your car speakers, and sending it back to the original speaker. The echo delay is the sum of transmission delay from the other party to you, + the corresponding delay on the return trip

The test to confirm ( and quick fix) is to reduce the volume on your car speakers. The more technical fix is usually to move the microphone further from the speakers, which might be possible if you are using the iPhone's microphone but almost impossible if you are using the car's built in mic and speakers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2021 3:20 PM in response to bodhayanc

It is most likely the echo is caused by your microphone picking up the caller's voice from your car speakers, and sending it back to the original speaker. The echo delay is the sum of transmission delay from the other party to you, + the corresponding delay on the return trip

The test to confirm ( and quick fix) is to reduce the volume on your car speakers. The more technical fix is usually to move the microphone further from the speakers, which might be possible if you are using the iPhone's microphone but almost impossible if you are using the car's built in mic and speakers.

Echo while using carplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.