Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are images not displaying on emails in iOS 12.1

When I open an email message I get this display:

Your network preferences prevent content from loading privately. And there is a tab on the upper right that can be clicked on "Load Contents Directly"

This just started happening today.

How do I address this?

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 6:39 AM

The Privacy settings in Mail Preferences are preventing remote content from loading automatically.

Images in emails that are loaded remotely (i.e. from the sender's server as opposed to being imbedded in the message) allow the sender to determine if you have opened the email and if your email address is valid (inviting more spam).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 6:39 AM in response to Cowboy Bill

The Privacy settings in Mail Preferences are preventing remote content from loading automatically.

Images in emails that are loaded remotely (i.e. from the sender's server as opposed to being imbedded in the message) allow the sender to determine if you have opened the email and if your email address is valid (inviting more spam).

Why are images not displaying on emails in iOS 12.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.