Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade an IPhone 6S Plus capacity

Can I upgrade my wife's IPhone 6S Plus from its 16GB capacity to 32GB or greater to update to IOS 15?

Also in general because it has less than 1GB left.

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 5:44 PM

I would like you to realize and know one important thing and that is that there is NOTHING that you can do to increase the physical storage capacity of your iPhone. Your iPhone's storage capacity will forever remain the same as the day you bought it. 

My recommendation is that you get a new iPhone with at least 128GB for her. The current storage space of 16GB is very outdated and nearly all of it is probably occupied by the system operating files.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2021 5:44 PM in response to bj4clm

I would like you to realize and know one important thing and that is that there is NOTHING that you can do to increase the physical storage capacity of your iPhone. Your iPhone's storage capacity will forever remain the same as the day you bought it. 

My recommendation is that you get a new iPhone with at least 128GB for her. The current storage space of 16GB is very outdated and nearly all of it is probably occupied by the system operating files.

Axel F.

Upgrade an IPhone 6S Plus capacity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.