Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my email to load content automatically

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 6:01 PM

That depends on the type of email account. For iCloud and Microsoft Exchange accounts you can enable Push (which downloads mail as soon as it appears on the server), for all other accounts you must enable Fetch. Go to Settings/Mail/Accounts and tap on Fetch New Data. Turn on Push, and set the accounts that support Push to that value. For the others set them to Fetch, and choose how often you want email to check for updates.

For some other accounts (gmail, yahoo, AOL, etc) if you install and use the app for those accounts you can enable Push, but the built in email app is not supported for Push by those account types.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2021 6:01 PM in response to melia68

That depends on the type of email account. For iCloud and Microsoft Exchange accounts you can enable Push (which downloads mail as soon as it appears on the server), for all other accounts you must enable Fetch. Go to Settings/Mail/Accounts and tap on Fetch New Data. Turn on Push, and set the accounts that support Push to that value. For the others set them to Fetch, and choose how often you want email to check for updates.

For some other accounts (gmail, yahoo, AOL, etc) if you install and use the app for those accounts you can enable Push, but the built in email app is not supported for Push by those account types.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.