Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My uncle passed away a year ago and would like to unlock his iPad? Can you help?

Can you help me unlock my uncle's iPad? He passed away a year ago

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies

Nov 3, 2021 6:23 PM in response to a-watson112

A little hard to help/advise you when you provide NO information about your iPad.

Here are my questions to you.

Can you, please, confirm what year and model iPad do you have/own?

The “A” model number can be found on the aluminium back of your iPad, in very small print, right under the larger bold print “iPad” on the back of the iPad.

Please try to make an attempt to answer all questions asked.

If this is a very old iPad, ( over 8-10 years old , I wouldn’t even bother with such an old device.

Apple devices this old are too old, have NO support or app support for them, any longer and have been obsolote for the past few years.

It is NOT worth the time and efforts needed to get such an old and obsolete device working, today.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Nov 3, 2021 6:53 PM in response to a-watson112

Your iPad model does not matter here. The truth is that you simply cannot unlock unless you can guess the password correctly. If you want to retrieve some data from the iPad, try recalling the password that he might used. Otherwise, the data is probably gone forever. If you just want to use the device. You can connect to a computer and reset the iPad. Hope this answers your question!

Nov 3, 2021 7:12 PM in response to a-watson112

Like I stated, if this is a very old iPad, all the things you are going to need to do to be able to gain access to this device to attempt to use it is NOT worth all the time and efforts involved, IF this iPad year and model are very old.

Until you can give us the actual “A” model number of this iPad, it is hard to advise.

If this iPad turns out to be old, all of the procedures needed to gain working accesss are simply NOT worth the time and efforts involved.

Old iPad models are obsolete devices with NO MORE APPS available to them and no more OS upgradeability OR support from Apple.

My uncle passed away a year ago and would like to unlock his iPad? Can you help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.