Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook was stolen, on find my it says no location found

My device was stolen from my car

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 7:47 PM

Nakita1995 Said:

"my macbook was stolen, on find my it says no location found: My device was stolen from my car"

-------

Two things:

A. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, consider modifying your credentials, ASAP, starting with a new password.

Also...

B. Verify the Device:

Verify that the device is still assigned to your Apple AccountCheck your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2021 7:47 PM in response to Nakita1995

Nakita1995 Said:

"my macbook was stolen, on find my it says no location found: My device was stolen from my car"

-------

Two things:

A. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, consider modifying your credentials, ASAP, starting with a new password.

Also...

B. Verify the Device:

Verify that the device is still assigned to your Apple AccountCheck your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

Nov 3, 2021 7:49 PM in response to Nakita1995

If you have an apple care plan on that computer, than you could make a claim and see if apple will replace it, though I'm pretty sure apple care only covers iPhones as far as I can tell from this article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208491. Apple has an article here on how to deal with a MacBook being stolen: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204756.

The best thing you can do is to follow what that article says, and if you haven't you might want to file a police report in the area you live in. Im not sure how much it will help but its something you can do. Keep checking and seeing if you can find its location and if you can you probably should report it so you can get it back.

Sorry to hear about this situation. ): Hope the rat who did it faces the consequences of their actions.

Nov 3, 2021 7:46 PM in response to Nakita1995

If the thief is competent, the device will never communicate again.

Not connected prior to being broken up for parts, or being wiped.

If you did not previously use a robust password and data encryption, your data may be at risk.

Details on encryption here can vary by Mac. The T2-based models are better at this, for instance.

If the remote requests do get through, then you can also know where the thief is located. And thieves don’t like that.

You will want to follow the previously-linked guidelines.

Nov 3, 2021 8:12 PM in response to Snappycat8000

Snappycat8000 wrote:

If you have an apple care plan on that computer, than you could make a claim and see if apple will replace it, though I'm pretty sure apple care only covers iPhones as far as I can tell…

AppleCare+ with the theft and loss coverage (when that added theft and loss coverage was purchased) will typically cover a lost or stolen iPhone. There is no equivalent theft and loss coverage available for purchase from Apple for Mac. Renters’ or homeowner’s or some other local insurance coverage or maybe for a credit card used to purchase the Mac might have coverage. But AppleCare does not.

my macbook was stolen, on find my it says no location found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.