Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen phone

Hello, my iPhone 8 Plus was stolen and I took the steps to report it as stolen and erased the phone. FindMy says the phone was erased. However, today I got an email with the subject “Activation Lock is requesting your password on iPhone.” I’m worried that the person who stole my old phone may be able to access my information. I want to make sure they cannot recover anything from the old iPhone. Please help. Thanks

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 3:34 PM

Hello czeman9,

From your post it appears you are concerned about the security of the data on your iPhone after it was stolen.

As long as you followed the steps in the article you came from, If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen, and received a confirmation that the iPhone was erased, everything should be fine.

Activation Lock is designed to prevent anybody else from accessing the device. You can find out information on how this works here: Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Have a good day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 3:34 PM in response to czeman9

Hello czeman9,

From your post it appears you are concerned about the security of the data on your iPhone after it was stolen.

As long as you followed the steps in the article you came from, If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen, and received a confirmation that the iPhone was erased, everything should be fine.

Activation Lock is designed to prevent anybody else from accessing the device. You can find out information on how this works here: Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Have a good day.

Stolen phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.