Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brightness changing

I am experiencing a problem with my IPad Pro: every time I block the screen device changes the brightness on minimum, so that when I unblock it I see how the brightness is set on minimum for several seconds and the changes on its original value

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 2:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 2:20 AM

The sensor that controls screen brightness is located in the narrow screen bezel - the actual position varies between iPad modes, but is typically near the Sleep/Wake button of the iPad.

If the sensor is covered, the screen brightness will dim - as would be expected in a darkened room. When exposed to bright light, the screen will brighten. This behaviour is by design.

Transition from bright to dim, or dim to bright, will typically occur over several seconds.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 2:20 AM in response to Dmitry_Khvatov

The sensor that controls screen brightness is located in the narrow screen bezel - the actual position varies between iPad modes, but is typically near the Sleep/Wake button of the iPad.

If the sensor is covered, the screen brightness will dim - as would be expected in a darkened room. When exposed to bright light, the screen will brighten. This behaviour is by design.

Transition from bright to dim, or dim to bright, will typically occur over several seconds.

Brightness changing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.