Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone 5 with iOS 10.3.4 and want to transfer data to my new iPhone 13 but cannot do so?

I have an iPhone 5 with iOS 10.3.4 and want to transfer data to my new iPhone 13 but cannot do so? How do update to iOS 11?

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 10:47 AM

iPhone 5 isn't compatible with iOS 11 or newer. If you want to transfer data from your old phone to do your new device, you can back up your iPhone with iCloud or your computer, then restore your new iPhone from a backup.

If you have iCloud Backup enabled, you should be good to restore your backup on your new iPhone. If you don't have it set up, you can turn on iCloud Backup in Settings.

You can also plug your iPhone into your Mac or PC and create a backup with Finder or iTunes. Once your backup is completed, you can use the same cord to restore your backup on your new iPhone.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

These articles should help walking you through how to use iCloud and computer backups.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 10:47 AM in response to sudbois

iPhone 5 isn't compatible with iOS 11 or newer. If you want to transfer data from your old phone to do your new device, you can back up your iPhone with iCloud or your computer, then restore your new iPhone from a backup.

If you have iCloud Backup enabled, you should be good to restore your backup on your new iPhone. If you don't have it set up, you can turn on iCloud Backup in Settings.

You can also plug your iPhone into your Mac or PC and create a backup with Finder or iTunes. Once your backup is completed, you can use the same cord to restore your backup on your new iPhone.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

These articles should help walking you through how to use iCloud and computer backups.

I have an iPhone 5 with iOS 10.3.4 and want to transfer data to my new iPhone 13 but cannot do so?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.