Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Home screen Time and Date

When I first got my iPad Air 4th Generation in April, I really liked the feature on my home screen where the time and date were shown above widgets on the left. (see inserted photo). This is no longer on my home screen and it is just the apps I have next to it. How do I get this back? Thanks!

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 11:47 AM

The Today View of iPadOS14 - that includes the Time, Day and Date above the scrollable widgets - is not replicated in iPadOS15.

There are many changes within iPadOS15 - of which one is the loss of the familiar Today view on the first Home Screen. 

With iPadOS15, you are now able to freely position widgets on any of the Home Screens - but you have lost the “compact” first Home Screen layout that shows a compressed 4x6 grid of App/Folder icons and Today view in Landscape screen orientation.

Widgets placed on a Home Screen now individually occupy one or more elements of a 4x6 icon grid. Home Screens without Widgets retain the familiar 5x6 icon grid. The slide-over Today View, previously seen in Portrait screen orientation from the first Home Screen, is still present - and is now also seen in Landscape. However, slide-over does not incorporate the Time and Time panel.

The net effect of adding Widgets to the Home Screen(s) results in reduced efficiency in using available screen space on Home Screens. More information about the new Widgets can be found here:

Use widgets on your iPad - Apple Support

The iPad User Guide is also a rich source of information - and is especially useful in becoming familiar with the many changes and new features introduced in iPadOS15. The Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

Apple do invite constructive feedback, comments and feature requests via their product feedback pages. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 11:47 AM in response to shelbydunkin

The Today View of iPadOS14 - that includes the Time, Day and Date above the scrollable widgets - is not replicated in iPadOS15.

There are many changes within iPadOS15 - of which one is the loss of the familiar Today view on the first Home Screen. 

With iPadOS15, you are now able to freely position widgets on any of the Home Screens - but you have lost the “compact” first Home Screen layout that shows a compressed 4x6 grid of App/Folder icons and Today view in Landscape screen orientation.

Widgets placed on a Home Screen now individually occupy one or more elements of a 4x6 icon grid. Home Screens without Widgets retain the familiar 5x6 icon grid. The slide-over Today View, previously seen in Portrait screen orientation from the first Home Screen, is still present - and is now also seen in Landscape. However, slide-over does not incorporate the Time and Time panel.

The net effect of adding Widgets to the Home Screen(s) results in reduced efficiency in using available screen space on Home Screens. More information about the new Widgets can be found here:

Use widgets on your iPad - Apple Support

The iPad User Guide is also a rich source of information - and is especially useful in becoming familiar with the many changes and new features introduced in iPadOS15. The Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

Apple do invite constructive feedback, comments and feature requests via their product feedback pages. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

iPad Home screen Time and Date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.