Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro 10.6 crash everytime i open it

I really need help. Just updated to Monetery and FCPX 10.6 - and now the app wont open anymore. It show the loading screen and then crashes. Shows the same message everytime. Please help me! I have a deadline on a video on three days.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 12:31 PM

8 replies

Nov 4, 2021 12:44 PM in response to Rosengraveyard

There have been several problems with 10.6 and Monterey. I am not sure if this is one of them.

Whenever the application crashes, you should delete its preferences - they are corrupted by the crash and will in turn crash it again.

Now, this is not a guarantee that it will work.

If the problem persists, and you can get 10.5.4 (from your Time Machine backup, for example), you may want to get it now, rename it as Final Cut Pro 10.5.4 so you can have both. In case 10.5.4 works, then you have a way out.

Not everyone has severe issues with 10.6, so there is a chance that it will work.

Nov 4, 2021 1:16 PM in response to Rosengraveyard

Can you find a Mac that's running Catalina? Login with your AppleID originally used to purchase FCP, launch the App Store and click the name at the bottom left. You can download the latest version of FCP that will work on Catalina which is 10.5.4. Zip it up and copy it onto your Monterey Mac.

Or, find a buddy with 10.5.4 and zip up the app and copy it onto your Mac.

Final Cut Pro 10.6 crash everytime i open it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.