Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't sync Outlook and iOS calendars on iPhone Xr IOS 15.0.2

I have a work (Microsoft) Outlook account which I have successfully installed on my iPhone via the Outlook app. Emails and calendars work flawlessly.

I would like to sync the iOS calendar on the phone (which is the default one, but I never use) with the Outlook calendar (which is the only one I use), but I am unable to do so.

I go to the iPhone settings, I press Calendar, then Account, then Add Account, then choose Outlook.com. A Microsoft authentication (Sign in) screen opens and when I enter my Outlook email, iPhone tells me that "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one".

Clearly I have a Microsoft account, so not sure what I am doing wrong...

Any tips, suggestions, advise?

Many thanks

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 1:35 PM

Microsoft basically provides both a consumer- & business-grade types of email services. The latter is typically hosted on Microsoft Exchange servers that are deployed at businesses/educational institutions, etc. What makes this a bit confusing is Microsoft offers Outlook as the email client to access either of these services. So, if you work at a company that uses Exchange servers, how they would be accessed could be different in Apple iCloud apps (Mail, Calendar, Contacts, etc.)

I think the issue here is how you are going about accessing your work's Exchange account. You mentioned that you selected "Outlook." I believe, you should be selecting "Microsoft Exchange" instead for the account you want to add for the Calendar app.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 1:35 PM in response to Tremolo Arm

Microsoft basically provides both a consumer- & business-grade types of email services. The latter is typically hosted on Microsoft Exchange servers that are deployed at businesses/educational institutions, etc. What makes this a bit confusing is Microsoft offers Outlook as the email client to access either of these services. So, if you work at a company that uses Exchange servers, how they would be accessed could be different in Apple iCloud apps (Mail, Calendar, Contacts, etc.)

I think the issue here is how you are going about accessing your work's Exchange account. You mentioned that you selected "Outlook." I believe, you should be selecting "Microsoft Exchange" instead for the account you want to add for the Calendar app.

I can't sync Outlook and iOS calendars on iPhone Xr IOS 15.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.