Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2019 13-inch issues with MacOS Monterey 12.0.1

Hi,

I "upgraded" my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) to MacOS Monterey 12.0.1. Just after the "upgrade" my wifi keeps being disconnected. I got an ethernet usb adapter (1Gbps), same thing, it disconnects randomly. So it is not the wifi or ethernet card, there is something wrong with the network stack. I am thinking of going back to BigSur. I already tried the SMC and NVRAM tricks, same thing. Anyone with the same issue? The computer worked flawlessly with BigSur.

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 12:41 PM

Hello IvanCL,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, your MacBook Pro keeps dropping Wi-Fi connection and ethernet. We'll do our best to assist.

Have you had a chance to test this in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Testing safe mode will tell us if there may be a third-party extension causing the behavior.

Use sections, 'If the issue continues in safe mode' and 'If the issue doesn't continue in safe mode', depending on the results there.

Keep in mind, if you're using a VPN or security software, we'd recommend to disable them and restart the device; as these may be blocking the connection.

What happens if you connect using another user on your Mac to test this out: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Doing this will help to isolate between all users on the Mac or just happening within your user account.

Hoping to hear back, take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 12:41 PM in response to IvanCL

Hello IvanCL,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, your MacBook Pro keeps dropping Wi-Fi connection and ethernet. We'll do our best to assist.

Have you had a chance to test this in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Testing safe mode will tell us if there may be a third-party extension causing the behavior.

Use sections, 'If the issue continues in safe mode' and 'If the issue doesn't continue in safe mode', depending on the results there.

Keep in mind, if you're using a VPN or security software, we'd recommend to disable them and restart the device; as these may be blocking the connection.

What happens if you connect using another user on your Mac to test this out: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Doing this will help to isolate between all users on the Mac or just happening within your user account.

Hoping to hear back, take care.

Macbook Pro 2019 13-inch issues with MacOS Monterey 12.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.