Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone asks to update an old Apple ID

I have my apple ID set up on my iphone that covers everything to my knowledge but my settings keep requesting me to update another apple ID that a friend put into my phone years ago. I have no idea what theirs could be linked to and why it keeps popping up but I can't seem to delete it.

I only want my own apple ID to be on my phone. Please help me remove this second apple ID.

[Edited by Moderator] 

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 2:31 PM

amm_ wrote:

I have my apple ID set up on my iphone that covers everything to my knowledge but my settings keep requesting me to update another apple ID that a friend put into my phone years ago. I have no idea what theirs could be linked to and why it keeps popping up but I can't seem to delete it.

I only want my own apple ID to be on my phone. Please help me remove this second apple ID.

[Edited by Moderator] 

That means there is an app tied to that Apple id, find out which one and delete it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 2:31 PM in response to amm_

amm_ wrote:

[Edited by Moderator] 

That means there is an app tied to that Apple id, find out which one and delete it.

iPhone asks to update an old Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.