Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues updating High Sierra to Mojave

I want to update my (15 inch mid 2014) Macbook Pro from High Sierra to Mojave. I've followed this link

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683

on safari, clicked the mojave link which takes me to the Mojave OS page in the app store. From there i have clicked "open" which would typically run the download or installer i assume.. but i just get a message saying "This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS."

I've visited the link from a couple different sources in some question/answer threads and got the same thing. Any help would be appreciated. I'd rather run Mojave than anything later as i need it to download Microsoft office apps while still retaining optimal compatibility with audio production programs.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 9:36 PM

If you get a corrupted message...

Naw, not damaged, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, there are 2 cures...

Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2014, then you can run the Install MacsOS Mohave App in Applications, so expired Certificates are not expired.

Or... trash the Install MacsOS Mojave.app in Applications, empty trash & restart, then a new copy of a more recent version can be downloaded..

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 9:36 PM in response to J_lava

Naw, not damaged, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, there are 2 cures...

Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2014, then you can run the Install MacsOS Mohave App in Applications, so expired Certificates are not expired.

Or... trash the Install MacsOS Mojave.app in Applications, empty trash & restart, then a new copy of a more recent version can be downloaded..

Nov 5, 2021 9:45 AM in response to J_lava

Are you using Safari? FireFox is not handling macOS system upgrade files properly lately.

I'd rather run Mojave than anything later as i need it to download Microsoft office apps while still retaining optimal compatibility with audio production programs.

Best check with MS before getting too invested. They now follow Apple's pattern of support only the current and two previous version of macOS. As of Oct the last three are Monterey, Big Sur, and Catalina. Mojave may have rolled off MS's supported list.

From this page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-365-and-office-resources#coreui-heading-8i242k6

is this:

macOS: Office for Mac is supported on the three most recent versions of macOS. As new major versions of macOS are made generally available, Microsoft will drop support for the oldest version and support the newest and previous two versions of macOS. Product functionality and feature availability may vary on older systems. For the best experience, use the latest version of any operating system specified above.

Issues updating High Sierra to Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.