Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Im getting a massage says unable to verify that iPhone has genuine camera

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 6:10 PM

This message is generally displayed when your iPhone is unable to determine whether the installed camera is a genuine Apple camera or a third party manufactured and installed part. Did you have any repairs done to your iPhone 12 Pro Max recently or if you just bought the iPhone, then did the seller have any repairs done?

More information here ➔ About Genuine iPhone cameras

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 6:10 PM in response to Hadi .A

This message is generally displayed when your iPhone is unable to determine whether the installed camera is a genuine Apple camera or a third party manufactured and installed part. Did you have any repairs done to your iPhone 12 Pro Max recently or if you just bought the iPhone, then did the seller have any repairs done?

More information here ➔ About Genuine iPhone cameras

Axel F.

Nov 6, 2021 1:45 PM in response to staclear

Just FYI, I do not work for Apple and am not an Apple representative. I am a user of this community just like you are. If you want to talk to Apple directly then you may contact ➔ Apple Support

At this point, you may do whatever you like with the iPhone. I was just attempting to warn you that the camera on your iPhone has been replaced and if you paid for a brand new iPhone and got this message, then your iPhone may not be brand new.

Furthermore, You will see a notification on your Lock screen for the first four days that you use your device and in the Settings app for 15 days. After that period, you can find the notification by going to Settings > General > About.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.