Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are there any Apple produced turorials on iMovie?

I'm looking to find Apple produced tutorials on iMovie. I've explored the few clips on YouTube but find them incomplete. At least for 1Movie. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 3:04 AM

I think the link Rich has given you is probably the most comprehensive available. I must say that I dislike its format, making it necessary to click multiple links. It would be much better if it was compiled as a single .pdf book.

Regarding videos, iMovie is so complex that it would take tens of hours of video to give anything near a complete description of everything.

There are countless tutorials on YouTube. Some explain the basics to get you going and others go into detail on all the specific techniques.

Getting them all in one place is never going to happen. So you will have to resign yourself to searching for individual topics that interest you.

I share your pain as in the past I have searched for an all-in-one tutorial.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 3:04 AM in response to spikejj

I think the link Rich has given you is probably the most comprehensive available. I must say that I dislike its format, making it necessary to click multiple links. It would be much better if it was compiled as a single .pdf book.

Regarding videos, iMovie is so complex that it would take tens of hours of video to give anything near a complete description of everything.

There are countless tutorials on YouTube. Some explain the basics to get you going and others go into detail on all the specific techniques.

Getting them all in one place is never going to happen. So you will have to resign yourself to searching for individual topics that interest you.

I share your pain as in the past I have searched for an all-in-one tutorial.

Nov 4, 2021 7:58 PM in response to spikejj

I'm not aware of any Apple produced video tutorials for iMovie that would be a comprehensive overview.

The best written tutorial that I know of is the online help menu that has step by step instructions for nearly all of iMovie's features. It also has a good search feature where you can search by search word or menu. Here's the link in case you are interested:

https://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/

-- Rich

Nov 5, 2021 2:11 PM in response to Rich839

Hi, Rich839 - Thanks for your comment. It's disappointing Apple doesn't have a video tutorial for this App. I've spent 2.5 days trying to figure out how to make a few simple edits. Accessing both the help.apple.com materials and the video tutorial's that live on YouTube. The YouTube instruction clips make it look easy. Well, it's NOT.

Nov 5, 2021 2:53 PM in response to Ian R. Brown

There are several general tutorials here ranging from 15 minutes to a couple of hours.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=iMovie

There have been numerous versions of iMovie over the years and it's important to get a tutorial that is based on your version so if you have the latest iteration of iMovie you need to check that the tutorial has been made in the last year or so.

Are there any Apple produced turorials on iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.