Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad won’t connect to wifi

My ipad suddenly disconnected from wifi and I cannot get it to stay reconnected. When I enter my wifi password it connects for a brief second then disconnects.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 7:07 PM

2 replies

Nov 5, 2021 7:38 AM in response to kandpmcc

The latest version of iPadOS is compatible with VPN Apps.

The connection issue that you describe usually occurs because your device does not have a routable IP Address - this usually being assigned by DHCP.

If you have a VPN App or profiles installed, or a security App such as Norton, these might interfere with DHCP - and in some instances prevent your device from obtaining a valid IP Address for the WiFi network to which you are attempting to connect. The resolution is usually simple; if installed, you may only need to temporarily disable or remove the Security App and/or VPN.

DHCP is frequently used to automatically obtain an IP Address. Until your iPad has a valid IP Address to connect to your network, you will not have an internet connection. Disabling or removing VPN and/or the offending security App should allow DHCP to operate normally - allowing connection to your network and the internet.

If this resolves your issue, the VPN and/or security App can be reinstated after the connectivity problem has been resolved.

Ipad won’t connect to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.