Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to turn off find my iphone. It is not letting me.

I need to turn off find on my iphone 12 max. It is not turning on at all.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 7:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 1:30 AM

Find My iPhone / "Find My" can be turned off only if...

You have removed the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device. If you're using iCloud and Find My [device] on the device, sign in to iCloud.com/find or the Find My app on another device, select the device, and click Erase. After the device has been erased, click Remove from Account. This will turn off Find My.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 1:30 AM in response to koyt

Find My iPhone / "Find My" can be turned off only if...

You have removed the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device. If you're using iCloud and Find My [device] on the device, sign in to iCloud.com/find or the Find My app on another device, select the device, and click Erase. After the device has been erased, click Remove from Account. This will turn off Find My.

I need to turn off find my iphone. It is not letting me.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.