Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop audio from automatically fading

When I put audio in iMovie it automatically fades and I do not know how to stop it. Dragging the small circle do not work.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 8:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 10:06 PM

Hi,

The first thing I would try is to delete preferences. Open iMovie while holding down the option and command keys, and delete preferences in the box that appears. Reopen your original library. See if the fade is gone.

If that doesn’t cure it, see if you can raise the volume where the fade occurs by dragging upward rhe horizontal volume line that runs through the middle of the audio clip where the wave forms are displayed.

As a workaround you can butt up a small audio clip against the fading clip, and then mute the small clip.

== Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 10:06 PM in response to Ktwins2007

Hi,

The first thing I would try is to delete preferences. Open iMovie while holding down the option and command keys, and delete preferences in the box that appears. Reopen your original library. See if the fade is gone.

If that doesn’t cure it, see if you can raise the volume where the fade occurs by dragging upward rhe horizontal volume line that runs through the middle of the audio clip where the wave forms are displayed.

As a workaround you can butt up a small audio clip against the fading clip, and then mute the small clip.

== Rich

How to stop audio from automatically fading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.