Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot dowlnload movies on apple tv

Hello I just bought the movie "Faith like potatoes" in apple tv. and i cant download it since it says my computer is not authorized, eventhough it is?

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 12:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 4:30 AM

iTunes Store movies can be downloaded on computers or mobile devices, if the devices are “authorized” to the same Apple ID account as used for purchasing.

Downloading is optional. You can play/stream a movie directly from Apple’s servers.

Computers need to be formally Authorized from the the Account menu (see image below) with a specific Apple ID account. Mobile devices are automatically Associated, unless recently set up with a new Apple ID account (then there is a 90 day wait time).

Buy movies and TV shows from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

See and remove your devices that are associated with Apple ID purchases - Apple Support

If you continue to have issues with this, even after manually Authorizing again, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 4:30 AM in response to mathilde245

iTunes Store movies can be downloaded on computers or mobile devices, if the devices are “authorized” to the same Apple ID account as used for purchasing.

Downloading is optional. You can play/stream a movie directly from Apple’s servers.

Computers need to be formally Authorized from the the Account menu (see image below) with a specific Apple ID account. Mobile devices are automatically Associated, unless recently set up with a new Apple ID account (then there is a 90 day wait time).

Buy movies and TV shows from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

See and remove your devices that are associated with Apple ID purchases - Apple Support

If you continue to have issues with this, even after manually Authorizing again, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

cannot dowlnload movies on apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.