Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete 3 emails... They are appearing...

Hi-I have a 2020 M1 MBP and I am running 12.0.1.

This morning I was going through my new emails and there are 3 (all from the same company) that are showing as unread even though I have read them AND I cannot delete them! Mail just skips over them and goes to either the previous one above them or the ones below the 3.

Anyone else seeing this behavior? Not much I don't think I can do but wait for an update but thought I'd ask the community if this is a bug that others are experiencing. Thanks! TGIF!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 7:10 AM

Has one attempted doing the delation while Rebooting in to Safe Mode

Apple silicon

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until you see the startup options window.
  3. Select your startup disk, then press and hold the Shift key while clicking “Continue in Safe Mode.”
  4. Log in to your Mac. You might be asked to log in again.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 7:10 AM in response to mrstee

Has one attempted doing the delation while Rebooting in to Safe Mode

Apple silicon

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until you see the startup options window.
  3. Select your startup disk, then press and hold the Shift key while clicking “Continue in Safe Mode.”
  4. Log in to your Mac. You might be asked to log in again.

Nov 5, 2021 8:16 AM in response to mrstee

Welcome and thank you for the update.

Safe Mode does several maintenance routines behind the scenes and without the need for User Interaction.

1 - Disk Repair, 2 - is clear system Cache files which will be recreated when needed 3 - Only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts.

This last action basically Eliminates any Third Party software from loading at all and once restarted in Normal Mode - puts the system right again.

Can't delete 3 emails... They are appearing...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.