Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage space problems

For some reason all of the storage space on my iPhone 8 has been used up by my apps which is weird because all of the apps that I don’t use I offloaded and the ones that I do use (mostly games) don’t take up this much space every time I try to fix it by simply deleting or offloading an app it barley makes a dent in the bar.

Because my storage practically full I can’t update my iPhone is there anything I can do is it truly because of my applications if so what do I need to delete?

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 7:36 AM

You'll need to delete items from your phone. As you can see, offloading GarageBand still leaves a significant amount of data on the device. You could also try optimizing your photo library if you use iCloud photos (Settings > Photos)

3 replies

Nov 5, 2021 7:50 AM in response to muguy

The weird thing about all this is that just a couple hours ago everything was okay even with all my apps offloaded I still had enough space usually between 30 or 40 GB and but then for some reason it just went all the way up to 63 gb for no reason after I copied some files from my iCloud to on my iPhone.

Storage space problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.