Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable the preview of the sender name in the watsapp notifications on IOS15?

Hello to all.

In the setting I can disable preview but nevertheless if someone opens my notifications they can see who was writing me the message (not the content). Is it possible to hide that part too?

the setting I am talking about is:

settings->Notifications->watsapp(or any application)->Lock screen appearance : show preview when unlocked

So as a result I would like to see a notification about watsapp message where I can see only the icon or maybe the number of new messages but not the sender names or the groups where I got those messages. I am using watsap as an example, but I would like to do the same for all the chat apps I use.

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 11:36 AM

You have done your homework. You are correct that you can disable preview in Lock Screen Appearance however the sender's name will still remain in plain view. What you are looking for is not available in any iOS versions at this time.

Furthermore, if you want to suggest this feature to Apple then please leave feedback here ➔ Product Feedback - Apple 

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 11:36 AM in response to DimitarMit

You have done your homework. You are correct that you can disable preview in Lock Screen Appearance however the sender's name will still remain in plain view. What you are looking for is not available in any iOS versions at this time.

Furthermore, if you want to suggest this feature to Apple then please leave feedback here ➔ Product Feedback - Apple 

Axel F.

How to disable the preview of the sender name in the watsapp notifications on IOS15?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.