Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extended Desktop: Two MacAirs

Can I connect two MacAirs to make an extended desktop? By extended desktop, I mean being able to move my mouse from one laptop screen to the other laptop screen seamlessly.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 8:44 PM

Hi hannacolorado,

Unfortunately, this is not supported.

That said, Apple is working on a cool new feature called Universal Control. It will release in a future update for macOS Monterey, and it should let you control other Macs and iPads simply by moving your cursor to the edge of the screen.

EDIT: That said, newer Macs have the ability to let other devices AirPlay directly to them. You might be able to utilize this so that one MacBook Air AirPlays to the other MacBook Air, making it somewhat function like what you're looking for. Haven't tested this though.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 8:44 PM in response to hannacolorado

Hi hannacolorado,

Unfortunately, this is not supported.

That said, Apple is working on a cool new feature called Universal Control. It will release in a future update for macOS Monterey, and it should let you control other Macs and iPads simply by moving your cursor to the edge of the screen.

EDIT: That said, newer Macs have the ability to let other devices AirPlay directly to them. You might be able to utilize this so that one MacBook Air AirPlays to the other MacBook Air, making it somewhat function like what you're looking for. Haven't tested this though.

Extended Desktop: Two MacAirs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.