Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 14-inch battery life concern

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing some battery life issues with my macbook pro 14-inch (M1

pro with 32GB ram). The battery life seems to be way off from what they

advertised, as shown by the screenshot of the battery history. 40-45% of

the battery drained within 3 hrs of regular use. I didn't run any crazy

rendering or demanding apps. I use adobe apps and microsoft office

while having Slack and the Mail app running in the background. Should I

be concerned about this?

I've attached a screenshot of the battery history and the energy tab in the activity monitor.

I closed the indesign and it did improve the battery life marginally, but it's still discharging way too fast, as shown below.

Thank you.

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 1:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 12:22 PM

Hey!

I too purchased the base model 14 inch macbook pro with 16 gigs and it's battery also draining pretty fast. I tried closing all adobe background processes too but nothing improved.

I called apple support and they told spotlight indexing is draining battery in the background and may take 48-72 hours for the indexing to get completed.

I seriously hope thats the only issue!!!

Wanted to ask whether your macbook pro 14 inch charging rapidly as advertised or not?

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 8, 2021 12:22 PM in response to Widowbird

Hey!

I too purchased the base model 14 inch macbook pro with 16 gigs and it's battery also draining pretty fast. I tried closing all adobe background processes too but nothing improved.

I called apple support and they told spotlight indexing is draining battery in the background and may take 48-72 hours for the indexing to get completed.

I seriously hope thats the only issue!!!

Wanted to ask whether your macbook pro 14 inch charging rapidly as advertised or not?

Macbook pro 14-inch battery life concern

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.