Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Non beta Monterey

I just unenrolled my iMac from the public beta program. Will any new release of the non beta OS, install over this when it is available?

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 3:23 PM

9 replies

Nov 8, 2021 1:16 PM in response to pappadave976

I enrolled a Mac in July.

I recently updated to the 12.1 Beta release by downloading the 12.1 beta from the App Store just a few days

before Apple changed it to simply Monterey (12.1)

I am not seeing a Software Update notice to update to the full/official. Perhaps Apple is pausing on the Monterey software update protocol until some bugs have been completely sorted out? I am curious what version/iteration of Monterey includes the recent T2chip/M1 fixes ... is there a 12.1.1???

release

Nov 15, 2021 2:26 PM in response to dialabrain

Yes, thanks, I did finally realize that a day or two later

Whoops.

Not to mention, probably due to the fact the iteration that I noticed did display

the file size, which at the time was and still is, nominally 12.1 GB ... I sort of conflated, or made erroneous

assumption based upon a brief glean of the page it is in bold font LOL

I also now notice that the App Store, does not actually give any version details for Monterey

Non beta Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.