Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need to change the router

How do I improve the WiFi security

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 3:26 PM

You may be able to change the router settings. Even some new routers have default settings that will trigger Apple's weak security warning. To avoid that warning the router needs to be set to WPA2 AES or to WPA3.

How you change the setting varies by router brand/model. If you don't have instructions, do an internet search for your router or if your router was supplied by your internet provider, check their website.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 3:26 PM in response to navotas

You may be able to change the router settings. Even some new routers have default settings that will trigger Apple's weak security warning. To avoid that warning the router needs to be set to WPA2 AES or to WPA3.

How you change the setting varies by router brand/model. If you don't have instructions, do an internet search for your router or if your router was supplied by your internet provider, check their website.

Do I need to change the router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.