Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max - Call drops

I am having issues on calling from my phone. Most of the times, it drop calls, many times there are display “call back”. I had this issue since I bought this new phone, but I didn’t care much, but now it’s increased. Most of my calls having issues. I have restarted my phone couple of times but the issue is same.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 12:19 AM

Call Failed or Dropped Calls

In telecommunications, the dropped-call / Call-Failed rate (DCR) is the fraction of the telephone calls which, due to technical reasons, were cut off before the speaking parties had finished their conversational tone and before one of them had hung up (dropped calls or Call Failed). This fraction is usually measured as a percentage of all calls.

5 Reasons Your Phone Keeps Dropping Calls or encounter Call Failed.

1. Your Signal Is Weak.
  2. It's Raining (Cats & Dog)
  3. The Cell Tower Is Overloaded / Heavy Traffic (Telecommunication)
  4. You've Misunderstood Your Signal Strength
  5. You are moving and the signal weakens while changing from one tower to another

Options Are...

Usually cheap phones demonstrate these behaviour because often they employ low-quality antennas that are vastly inferior to more expensive components, and at times battery quality impacts signal strength, too. And if you still encounter problems, calling your carrier's tech support line may offer clues as to reasons for your call failure or dropped calls.

Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2021 12:19 AM in response to sshangar

Call Failed or Dropped Calls

In telecommunications, the dropped-call / Call-Failed rate (DCR) is the fraction of the telephone calls which, due to technical reasons, were cut off before the speaking parties had finished their conversational tone and before one of them had hung up (dropped calls or Call Failed). This fraction is usually measured as a percentage of all calls.

5 Reasons Your Phone Keeps Dropping Calls or encounter Call Failed.

1. Your Signal Is Weak.
  2. It's Raining (Cats & Dog)
  3. The Cell Tower Is Overloaded / Heavy Traffic (Telecommunication)
  4. You've Misunderstood Your Signal Strength
  5. You are moving and the signal weakens while changing from one tower to another

Options Are...

Usually cheap phones demonstrate these behaviour because often they employ low-quality antennas that are vastly inferior to more expensive components, and at times battery quality impacts signal strength, too. And if you still encounter problems, calling your carrier's tech support line may offer clues as to reasons for your call failure or dropped calls.

Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling - Apple Support

iPhone 12 Pro Max - Call drops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.