Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music albums with more than 1 disc

I have ripped a couple of CD's that I want to import into iTunes and then sync them to my iphone. It is just that some of the albums consist of more than one CD. So I can rip them to my computer as disc 1 and disc 2 but how can I create one folder in itunes that contains 2 folders called Disc 1 and Disc 2?

At the moment I have 4 folders of Bruce Springsteen The Essential 3CD called Bruce Springsteen The Essential 3CD CD1, Bruce Springsteen The Essential 3CD CD2, Bruce Springsteen The Essential 3CD CD3 and Bruce Springsteen The Essential 3CD CD4 when I would have preferred to have had on a folder called Bruce Springsteen The Essential 3CD which then contained CD1, CD2, CD3 and CD4. Is there some way I can modify the meta data of the songs to enable this?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 2:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 7:07 AM

As I understand it you currently have four separate albums in iTunes with related titles. To fix this I recommend that you first select the tracks of each of the albums in turn and use Song Info to set the Disc X of Y information.

Bruce Springsteen The Essential 3CD CD1 gets Disc 1 of 4

Bruce Springsteen The Essential 3CD CD2 gets Disc 2 of 4

Bruce Springsteen The Essential 3CD CD3 gets Disc 3 of 4

Bruce Springsteen The Essential 3CD CD4 gets Disc 4 of 4

Now you select all tracks of all four CDs and change the album title to The Essential Bruce Springsteen. You must set Disc X of Y before changing the album title, otherwise you end up with say four track 1s and no way to order them correctly.

If you let iTunes manage the files in your media folder then the physical files will be gathered up into a single folder as the result of these changes.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 7:07 AM in response to younso

As I understand it you currently have four separate albums in iTunes with related titles. To fix this I recommend that you first select the tracks of each of the albums in turn and use Song Info to set the Disc X of Y information.

Bruce Springsteen The Essential 3CD CD1 gets Disc 1 of 4

Bruce Springsteen The Essential 3CD CD2 gets Disc 2 of 4

Bruce Springsteen The Essential 3CD CD3 gets Disc 3 of 4

Bruce Springsteen The Essential 3CD CD4 gets Disc 4 of 4

Now you select all tracks of all four CDs and change the album title to The Essential Bruce Springsteen. You must set Disc X of Y before changing the album title, otherwise you end up with say four track 1s and no way to order them correctly.

If you let iTunes manage the files in your media folder then the physical files will be gathered up into a single folder as the result of these changes.

tt2

Nov 6, 2021 7:12 AM in response to younso

In iTunes an album is a set of tracks with a common album title and a common album artist, artist, or where tracks are marked as part of a compilation. There isn't a way to link the four differently titled discs of your three-CD set(?). See One cover for multi-disc album for my approach here. Set relevant disc X of Y (4) values for the four discs, then give them all a common album title. I'd go with The Essential Bruce Springsteen here.

tt2

Nov 7, 2021 6:15 AM in response to turingtest2

not sure what you mean by "disc X of Y (4) values". Let us say CD1 consists on 01 - What, 02 - Are and 03 - By and CD2 consists of 01 - Jump, 02 - Up and 03 - Down, what would you change the songs to? Or is the actual CD (or folder) that you rename? I understand they all have to belong to the same album title ie The Essential Bruce Springsteen.

Music albums with more than 1 disc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.