Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are the files for Automator Folder Action Workflows in MacOS Monterey?

I have just started using Automator to create some folder workflows but once I create something I can't find the workflows/files to go back and make changes? I have no idea where in the system the workflows/files live? I would assume Automator creates a file like other apps that I can open and make edits but I have looked everywhere. The only option I have is to go into File> Open Recent to find things I have previously worked on but there has to be another option. Thanks in advance for your help and it will be more than appreciated!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 7:54 AM

Automator Quick Actions are saved into /Users/username/Library/Services. By default, Workflows are saved in the Workflows folder in the local library, or anywhere you specifically request they be saved. However, Calendar, Folder, and Image Capture workflows are stored in the respective folders in Workflows/Applications. Printer plug-ins get saved in the local Library's PDF Services folder.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2021 7:54 AM in response to Dvm2003

Automator Quick Actions are saved into /Users/username/Library/Services. By default, Workflows are saved in the Workflows folder in the local library, or anywhere you specifically request they be saved. However, Calendar, Folder, and Image Capture workflows are stored in the respective folders in Workflows/Applications. Printer plug-ins get saved in the local Library's PDF Services folder.

Where are the files for Automator Folder Action Workflows in MacOS Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.