Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since updating to 15.1, I am having issues editing notes

Hi. I just discovered I had this issue today. Restarting the phone did not help. It’s also not just occurring on my iPhone 13, but on my 6s as well (both upgraded to 15.1).

All my notes are saved to my gmail account instead of directly to the phone; I’ve been doing this ever since I had an iPhone 4s. This morning, I was unable to edit any of my notes. After going to settings and switching the toggle for “on my iPhone” from off to on, I was able to edit all the notes again. Then, I switched the toggle back to off. As of now, I am able to edit all but one note.

I have 35 notes total and the note I am unable to edit is one of my longest (if not the longest) and most crucial note. This has never happened to me before. It’s odd to me that I can edit and type in any other note except for this one. When I enter this specific note, my cursor goes away. I scroll to the bottom and begin punching keys to see if something appears, and I placed the letters randomly in the middle of the note. I can’t control where the cursor goes. I can’t edit it properly and don’t even see the cursor. I can highlight and select all, but that’s about it.

I attempted to highlight the material to a new note, and while I was able to copy and paste just fine, I was unable to edit the “new” note as well. It was weird.

Is anyone else having random glitches like this with their notes?

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 8:36 AM

Are you able to update the same Notes on your Google Account?

Open Gmail on a web browser, Please click on Notes in the Left-hand pane. See the pic below

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 6, 2021 8:58 AM in response to SravanKrA

I didn’t check directly using my gmail account, no. I also deleted the note in question since every other note was able to be edited in my notes app per norm except for that one. It’s still in my email but it’s no longer in the note app.

That sole note was the only issue, which is strange to me. I could attempt to copy and paste the information into a new note (since the original note is still in my gmail email) and see if the problem reappears.

I’ll check to see if I can edit my notes via the gmail feature first. Thanks.

Nov 17, 2021 6:33 AM in response to naja12168

Rather than do anything on the gmail side, something I have never had to do before (been an iPhone user since iPhone 4s), I merely deleted the troublesome note I was trying to work on. So, I have no idea if the solution above would have worked. I don’t use the gmail app for my email; my gmail email is accessed via Apple’s built in mail app. The gmail notes feature was not present in Apple’s mail app, and I was not downloading the gmail app when I know I won’t use it. Rather than go through the trouble of using gmail on a desktop, I just deleted the note.

There is STILL an issue with my notes app in 15.1 iOS, and that is with my cursor no longer being visible while editing between a paragraph, word, or sentence.

I attempted to fix it by going into Settings -Accessibility - Display & Text Size and switching on “Increase Contrast” but that has done nothing. Why is my cursor no longer visible? It’s not a solid yellow line anymore. Rather, it is the same color as the dark mode background I’m using on my phone.

I have attempted to attach a screen recording to demonstrate the issues but apparently that is not allowed. The screen recording would have explained this much better than I am.

Does anyone from Apple know how to make the cursor yellow or a visible white again???? This was not an issue before. It only happened once I updated to 15.1.

If there is an actual Apple tech that could assist that I could send my screen recording demonstrating the issue to, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Since updating to 15.1, I am having issues editing notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.