Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot properly log-in to Messages on Mac

After I log into Messages with my AppleID, I can't send any iMessages at all. When I go to Preferences>iMessage, I see a little spinning circle next to my account. I attached a picture of it.

Why is this happening? iMessages work normally on iPhone 11. I am using a 2015 MacBook Air with macOS Monterey.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 10:28 AM

Okay but let me take this opportunity to ask, why isn't Apple providing any form of support to customers in Serbia? You don't mind selling your devices here, and you don't mind taking our subscription money. Yet you offer no help when things go wrong.

I've played around a bit with that Support website. Apparently, if I have an issue with a subscription made through Apple I should contact my carrier? Are you insane?

To tell you the truth, this experience means that my next computer and my next phone will not be Apple devices. It's insane that you sell your products and services here yet offer no customer support whatsoever.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2021 10:28 AM in response to green500

Okay but let me take this opportunity to ask, why isn't Apple providing any form of support to customers in Serbia? You don't mind selling your devices here, and you don't mind taking our subscription money. Yet you offer no help when things go wrong.

I've played around a bit with that Support website. Apparently, if I have an issue with a subscription made through Apple I should contact my carrier? Are you insane?

To tell you the truth, this experience means that my next computer and my next phone will not be Apple devices. It's insane that you sell your products and services here yet offer no customer support whatsoever.

Nov 7, 2021 11:51 AM in response to molpas90

Hello molpas90,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you’re unable to send messages on your Mac. We’re happy to help. Have you been able to send messages previously? Have you made any recent changes to your Mac? 

Let’s try the steps here: If you can’t send or receive messages on your Mac - Apple Support

Let us know the results.

Take care.

Nov 9, 2021 1:37 PM in response to molpas90

Hello molpas90,

We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have completed.

Please try the steps here: If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support We are not currently seeing any issues with iMessage here: Apple - Support - System Status

If you still need assistance, we recommend contacting Apple Support here: Apple - Support - Product Selection

Let us know the results.

Take care.

Nov 9, 2021 12:45 PM in response to green500

Hi green500,

I've done everything on that list and the problem persists. Right now, after clicking the Sign Out button and restarting my Mac, it's actually stuck on the main log-in screen (see attached pic).

I don't know if this is useful information but the other AppleID and iCloud related services work fine on the Mac. FaceTime works, Drive, Photos, etc.

Nov 10, 2021 4:20 AM in response to green500

Dear green500,

I don't think the first link applies here, since it's about iPhones and iPads and Messages are already working properly on my iPhone. I would also hope to get at least some suggestions on how to fix the problem here. I am in Serbia, and the only option that the Apple Support gives me is to take the whole computer to an authorised service center. Since my Macbook is well out of warranty, I would like to avoid that.

Dec 23, 2021 5:28 PM in response to molpas90

Same hardware and OS, same problem. In fact, I cannot log into any iCloud services. Other Macs (older OS) and iOS devices work fine. Web-based logins...fine. Only one account on this machine is unable to log in while two others are also fine. Signed completely out if iCloud, dumped ~/Library/Caches...and SavedApplicationState folders. Safe Boot. Updated from 12.0.1, to 12.1 with no functional improvement. Maddening!

Cannot properly log-in to Messages on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.