Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to see apple watch’s voice memos on iphone?

I try to sync voice memos from settings with iCloud but the all of voice memos disappear

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 1:49 PM

9 replies

Nov 8, 2021 3:29 PM in response to Glgh

Glgh, 

Did you just turn on Voice Memos for iCloud or has it been on for those months? 

If it’s something you just enabled for iCloud, do you make regular backups of your iPhone? If so, data that is not synced with iCloud would be stored in that backup, including Voice Memos. We can erase your iPhone and restore the backup and see if we can recover those. Keep in mind though that this will remove anything from your device that was added between the backup you opt to restore from and now. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup 

If Voice Memos has been enable in iCloud for all this time, just let us know. Also, let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Nov 11, 2021 10:17 PM in response to AnnieL2

greetings,

I can’t answer your question because I don’t have another device to check if memos synced.

Is there any chance to recover the memos, they are very important to me.

If I check my account on a computer, can I find a backup for memos? Or for the iPhone or I will not find any backup?

I will explain the status from the beginning,

before anything and any problem (iCloud backup, iCloud Drive, voice memos ) were disabled from Settings>my name>iCloud, but (Watch) was enabled… I cant see my watch’s voice memos in the iPhone so I search for solution …. I find a discussion in apple community with same problem (watch memos apperance) then I follow the instructions ( I enable: iCloud backup, iCloud Drive, voice memos)

discussion link:-

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252926016

after that, a new problem appeared which is disappearing the memos that recorded from the iPhone. and they are very important to me.

I hope everything clear to you.

Thank you.

Nov 12, 2021 4:41 PM in response to Glgh

Glgh, 

If the memos were on your iPhone when a backup to a computer was made, you can erase your iPhone and restore the backup. Keeping mind that this step will erase everything on your iPhone that was added between the time the backup was created the time you erase the device.

The backup of an iPhone is not something you can pick through to find data though, it has to be restored as a whole to your device to see what is in it.

Here's how to locate backups, if you're wanting to check Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

You can also connect with Apple for help with additional questions on this, as we want to be sure everything gets answered for you. Here's how to reach them - Apple Get Support

Thanks.

Nov 8, 2021 4:08 PM in response to AnnieL2

I haven’t enable iCloud for these months, I have enable it just two days ago trying to see the watch memos on the iPhone.

I didn’t make backup for the iphone.

The following choices was disabled from iCloud services before trying to fix the main problem (how to see watch voice memos on iPhone):

• icloud drive
  • voice memos
  • iCloud backup

then I enabled these three choices

Nov 7, 2021 12:13 PM in response to Glgh

Greetings Glgh, 

We understand that when attempting to sync Voice Memos from your Apple Watch with iCloud you notice the memos disappear. 

Are there any Voice Memos showing on your companion iPhone or other devices that use the same Apple ID? Were Voice Memos previously syncing with iCloud? If you just enabled the feature and record a new memo, does that show up on all devices? 

Thank you. 

Nov 11, 2021 1:39 PM in response to Glgh

Glgh, 

Since the memos were not syncing with iCloud and we know that backups were off for iCloud the only other option would be a backup made to a computer. If there is no backup, then the memos will not be able to be recovered. 

If you create a new memo, now that syncing is enabled, do you notice that is syncs between devices? 

Thank you. 

How to see apple watch’s voice memos on iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.