Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHEN I USE PAGES AND PRESS THE SPACER BAR THE PAGE TURNS YELLOW AND NO SPACE OCCURS. HOW DO I FIX THAT?

WHEN I USE PAGES AND PRESS THE SPACER BAR THE PAGE TURNS YELLOW AND NO SPACE OCCURS.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 12:14 PM

Hi BAARB12,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities! From our understanding, when you select the space bar when typing in pages, it will highlight instead of creating a space between your words, is that correct? Do you have any accessibility settings set up for the keyboard on your Mac? You can confirm and disable this by going to the Apple menu ( ) > System Preferences > Accessibility > Keyboard. Do you see a checkmark next to "Enable Full Keyboard Access"? If so, disabled this and see if this continues to occur.

Change Keyboard Navigation preferences for accessibility on Mac

Hope that helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 12:14 PM in response to BAARB12

Hi BAARB12,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities! From our understanding, when you select the space bar when typing in pages, it will highlight instead of creating a space between your words, is that correct? Do you have any accessibility settings set up for the keyboard on your Mac? You can confirm and disable this by going to the Apple menu ( ) > System Preferences > Accessibility > Keyboard. Do you see a checkmark next to "Enable Full Keyboard Access"? If so, disabled this and see if this continues to occur.

Change Keyboard Navigation preferences for accessibility on Mac

Hope that helps!

WHEN I USE PAGES AND PRESS THE SPACER BAR THE PAGE TURNS YELLOW AND NO SPACE OCCURS. HOW DO I FIX THAT?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.