Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i delete the books. image capture, stocks, voice memos, audio midi setup, grapher and maps apps on my mac?

i have no use for those apps on my mac, for me they are just a waste of storage. some of them i can move to the trash but they reappear, others i can't even move to the trash. i have system integrity protection disabled and the root account enabled but even that isnt working. i don't care that if i wanted them back i would have to reinstall macOS, i just want them gone. is there some weird way i can force them to delete?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 3:43 PM

yeah, i get it. it's not all bad though. if you use launchpad instead of your applications folder, you can rearrange the listed apps by dragging and dropping into an arrangement you desire on the launchpad page. you can even drag them off the 1st launchpad screen by dragging them all the way to the right until you see the second page show up and drop them there. that way you're not confronted by them when you need to access the apps you normally use.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2021 3:43 PM in response to AppleRules1

yeah, i get it. it's not all bad though. if you use launchpad instead of your applications folder, you can rearrange the listed apps by dragging and dropping into an arrangement you desire on the launchpad page. you can even drag them off the 1st launchpad screen by dragging them all the way to the right until you see the second page show up and drop them there. that way you're not confronted by them when you need to access the apps you normally use.

how do i delete the books. image capture, stocks, voice memos, audio midi setup, grapher and maps apps on my mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.